Wednesday, January 6, 2021

2020–A Good Year for Bibliomanics

 "It's an ill wind that blows nobody good." Sir Walter Scott


 Yes, I am a bibliomaniac. I once said that if I were ever held hostage I hoped it would be in a bookstore. Now I am held hostage by the Covid epidemic, but I'm not in a bookstore!

We bibliomaniacs–especially those who also suffer from abibliophobia–have fared better than most during the shelter at home directives. At last, we who have been criticized for the stacks of unread books accumulating in every corner and at our bedsides have been vindicated!

Here are my favorites from 2020 with ratings but no reviews.


The Book of Lost Friends-Lisa Wingate  *****
The Child on Platform One-Gill Thompson *****
28 Summers-Elin Hildebrand ****
Big Lies in a Small Town-Diane Chamberlain ****
The Book of Lost Names-Kristin Harmel *****
The Last Flight-Julie Clark****
A Time for Mercy-John Grisham *****
If I Were You-Lynn Austin **** 
Florence Adler Swims Forever- Rachel Beanland ****
Regretting You-Colleen Hoover ****
White Ivy-Susie Wang ****
American Dirt-Jeanine Cummins *****
Harbinger II:  The Return-Jonathan Cahn *****

 


No comments:

Post a Comment